2.01.2012

february goals


 “It is only possible to live happily ever after on a day-to-day basis.” ~ Margaret Bonnano

January was slow and reflective and I lacked motivation. I started the year knowing I needed to slow down. I craved soups and warm foods. I found myself sleeping a lot and had a hard time waking each morning. I read a great fiction book just for fun. Everyone in our house caught a cold that seemed to last forever. We settled into a bedtime routine for the boys in their newly shared room. I wanted to share all the new things I have created over the last two months and add new items to my shop but, the timing wasn't right. I rebelled against all the "should do's" calling out to me in my head, tried to quiet them and let them go. Next month I said. Next month I can start fresh with enthusiasm and a full heart. So here I am, starting the month fresh and excited about getting down to business.

In the interest of keeping balance in my life I am setting at least one goal in each area I would like to focus on. By including family, health and soul goals I'll remind myself to check in on those areas as well as business.

February Goals  

Business - work on artist statement, about me, my work, my methods and my philosophy

Art - complete willow painting and scan 4 artworks for prints

Design - continue work with logo and wedding invite clients

Shop - add new jewelry and artwork to shop (10 items!)

Read - from passion to profit

Family - a valentine craft with boys, trip to Sedona with my husband

Health - notice and limit my carb and gluten intake

Soul - meditate 15 min each night, do something alone and away from home just for me 

Creative Every Day *night* - constellation artwork, walk in the evening, create at night

If you would like to join in the Meetup biz goals fun, head on over to Athena Dreams to read more about how we support one another and how to join in.

No comments: