As you may know, I began my gratitude journal last week. I plan to journal for 30 days. I have a small book next to my bed and I jot down 5 things I am grateful for each night. Some days it's easy to note 5 things; some days not so much. If I really can't get 5 I settle at 3 or 4. I would rather not try and force gratitude just to get to 5 things but, I do think on it a bit before settling for less. I wanted to share some of my favorite entries.
Last week some things I have been grateful for are ...
- my family ~ Bert, Ethan and Hudson I love you so
- sharing a hobby with the kids ~ like making model race cars
- baby snuggles ~ with Hudson and Chloe were oh so sweet
- the way Bert looks at me ~ he always makes me feel beautiful
- creativity ~ the ability to express my pain and joy creativity leave me forever grateful
- bedtime stories ~ my most favorite memories are made then
- lizard push ups ~ Bert & watched outside our window and had us a good laugh
- laughter ~ loud laughs, belly giggles, snorting in all
- videos of our kids ~ having snip its of them in action is awesome
- rain ~ so beautiful and much needed; rain cleanses my soul
- coats in spring ~ Ethan insisted on his coat & hat to play in the rain & it was 95 degrees out!
- lazy mornings in bed ~ being silly before starting our day
- outbursts of happy energy ~ by none other then mister Hudson