11.10.2011

art every day month: day 10

Pigeon Pose

I was feeling a little stressed and guilty about it being the very end of the day and I had not yet created any art. So, tonight I practiced the art of yoga before bed. I pulled out my mat and the yoga deck I bought a few months ago and have barely used to picked out a few poses to do. I gave myself 20 minutes to connect with my breath. Whenever I practice I am always sure to include pigeon pose, it is one of my favorite yoga poses. I love pigeon because it is a fabulous hip opener. And I have learned that I hold a whole lot of stress and emotion in my hip. This is a pose that teaches me, time and time again to love myself and let go, melt into it and BREATH and has brought me to tears, the good kind of tears, on so many occasions.


To view the posts of other AEDM members for Day 10 click here.

No comments: