11.19.2011

art every day month: day 19

Making Jewelry


I really have been on a jewelry crafting kick ever since getting a batch of new beads (thanks again Jamie)! I knew what beads I wanted to use today and instead of starting blindly I thought it would be nice to browse some magazines for inspiration.

 

I stumbled upon The bamboo cutter's wife design by Molly Schaller in Stringing Fall 2010 and that inspired the bracelet.

 



Next I came across Tweet Wishes by Lorelei Eurto in Stringing Summer 2010 which inspired the necklace.


I am happy with the final piece thank goodness. I restrung the design over and over again before it finally felt right. I am grateful I found Lorelei's design to help guide me along. I have a tough time creating asymmetrical jewelry but, I love the look so much that every now and then its worth the extra effort.


To view the posts of other AEDM members for Day 19 click here.

1 comment:

D.Martin said...

Really Nice