1.16.2009

renew america together initiative

I just signed up for updates about Barack Obama's Renew America Together initiative. Check it out for yourself at: http://www.usaservice.org

I will be volunteering my time on Monday night at the United Food Bank Hunger Busters to help end hunger in the East Valley! I will sort and pack donations from food drives to distribute to those who need it most. Volunteers act as quality control - making sure food products are in good condition. I am excited for the opportunity to participate and give much-needed support.

Starting January 21, Starbucks will salute everyone who pledges 5 volunteer hours with a free Tall brewed cup of coffee. Starbucks and HandsOn Network are launching a campaign to support the President-elect’s call for national service. Working together, we can create the change we all wish to see.

No comments: