7.14.2012

bead and button show treasures

After a couple weeks away visiting family and friends in New York, I'm back! I left in a frenzy wrapping up odds and ends and didn't have a chance to share my goodies from the Bead&Button show with you. I didn't have a whole lot of time to really look and shop at the show but, of course I managed to pick up a few treasures.


I have had some raw crystal ideas swimming in my head for awhile so, finding a strand to play with at the show made me really happy. I came home and designed these 4 necklaces and 3 earrings with these straight away! Above are the pieces I have left to work with when new inspiration strikes.


Before heading to the show, I noted of my lack of black jewelry in my stash. I wear a good amount of black/grey clothing so, picking up some interesting black stones was high on my list. This beautiful strand of Tektite gemstone beads fit the bill. They are gorgeous! I picked these up from the Soft Flex Company booth and have to say it was really hard to resist all the pretty gemstone beads Soft Flex has in their booth while I worked all week!


I was gifted these beautifully crafted ceramic beads by Melanie Brooks of Earthenwood Studios. She is so very talented and sweet too! I am thinking that the rose connector or wing would go nicely with some Tektite gemstone beads.
  

My friend and co-worker Jenny Wilson gifted me her handmade and adorable lampwork bumpy beads and a recycled beer bottle glass ring component, sweet! I love the teal blue color of the bumpy beads and couldn't resist whipping up a pair of earrings with them as soon as I got home. So cute! I made the ear wires while demoing how to make ear wires in the Soft Flex show booth. The ear wires are made with 18 Gauge Soft Flex Craft Wire in Pewter. 


Speaking of ear wires I picked up a spool of 18 Gauge Soft Flex Craft Wire in Smokey Quartz, a cup bur and a rubber block so I can make my own ear wires at home. I think I should have picked up 20 gauge wire too though as 18 gauge can be a little thick for some ears.


Cami of Envirotex Resin generously gifted me some jewelry resin (yay!). I can't wait to try it. I love working with resin to make art and personalized magnet sets and art jewelry.



Above are a few bezels I brought home to play with the resin. I love how large and beautifully ornate the antique copper bezel from Kerri Fuhr is and in contrast I adore the simplicity and handcrafted quality of the pewter bezel and swirl charm from Green Girl Studios


Last and certainly not least is the inspiring "follow your bliss" Simple Truths pendant from Erin Prais-Hintz of Tresori Trovati Jewelry. To see the full necklace, see my post here.

Bead&Button is always a great show full of artful beads, tools, wire, education as well as a great place to connect with jewelry artisans, beaders and friends alike!

No comments: