9.26.2011

potatoes and peas in red curry



This Meatless Monday post comes from a cookbook I am currently reading, Gourmet Vegetarian Slow Cooker by Lynn Alley. I have made this recipes 3 times in the last 2 weeks because of how much my husband and I love it!

Potatoes and Peas in Red Curry

2 pounds small red potatoes, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
1 yellow onion, sliced vertically
1 can of coconut cream (I used 1 can coconut milk)
2-3 tablespoons red curry paste
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon soy sauce (I omitted this)
1 large sweet potato, peeled can cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
1 cup frozen peas
Salt to taste
1/2 cup dry roasted cashews (I omitted these)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Wash potatoes and add them with the onion into the slow cooker. Mix coconut cream (or milk), red curry paste, sugar and soy sauce together and pour over potatoes. Cover and cook on low for about 3 hours (potatoes should be a little tender when pierced with a fork).

Add sweet potato, cover and cook on low for about 2 1/2 hours or until all potatoes are tender. Add peas and salt to taste and cook uncovered for 15 minutes longer. Add cashews and cilantro to each serving. 

I serve it with rice but, you could also eat on its own. 

Learn about the Meatless Mondays Campaign

No comments: