8.09.2011

new painting, teach play love

 Teach Play Love
Acrylic on Canvas 12x12, 2011

My youngest son will be starting kindergarten and as exciting as that is (and it is so exciting!), he will be leaving his second home - Ms. Laura's Daycare and Preschool. He began going to Laura's when he was just 6 months old, so it is with a heavy heart that we say goodbye to her and her family and all the wonderful friends we have made there. Our family has been so blessed have found Laura. She is an amazing caregiver; kind, patient, nurturing and has taught my kids so much. She gave us peace of mind that they were well taken care of while we provided for our family and that has meant the world to my husband and I. To show my appreciation for Laura and her family I created this painting as a gift of gratitude.

Forever In My Heart
Although I'm not their mother
I care for them each day,
I cuddle, sing and read to them
And watch them as they play.
I see each new accomplishment,
I help them grow and learn.
I understand their language,
I listen with concern.
They come to me for comfort,
And I kiss away their tears.
They proudly show their work to me,
I give the loudest cheers!
No, I 'm not their mother,
But my role is just as strong.
I nurture them and keep them safe,
Though maybe not for long.
I know someday the time will come,
When we will have to part.
But I know each child I cared for,
Is forever in my heart!
~ Author Unknown ~

No comments: