4.09.2010

The shortest distance between two people is a smile

It's been 5 days since we got back home and I am still pretty darn sad. I seem to be in a grieving period over the loss of our family as we settle back into life as we know it. To work through it I took a walk yesterday and took pictures of the beautiful desert in bloom. It's a gorgeous time of year here and definitely something to enjoy and savor. This short walk put in a much happier mood.



When I woke up today the sadness had crept back in. I cleaned and ironed and showered and cried. Then the universe stepped in at lunch. My lunchtime fortune cookie today said "The shortest distance between two people is a smile".

I took that as a message saying that our family and friends are only as near or far as we make it out to be. We have many ways of staying in touch and involved in each others lives. I do feel deep down though that as life continues I am becoming more and more convinced that we need to be closer to family then we are right now. As the saying goes "only time will tell".

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm loving Spring this year. So green and so many flowers.

I'm glad that you guys live here.

The Neerings Family said...

What a great fortune cookie and at the best moment! Wow!

Unknown said...

Right Lisa?! I was pretty surprised when I opened it. I agree Sara, It's so pretty this Spring from all the rain we had.