4.16.2012

painting in progress: butterfly fairy

At the RAW artist showcase I met an amazing woman who enjoyed my work and commissioned me to create a custom piece for her. She requested a butterfly fairy and hibiscus flowers. I have been working on her painting for a few of weeks and wanted to share my progress so far.

Where I began ...


Shortened butterfly wings, added fairy and details on the flower.


Added butterfly wing details, created more voluptuous fairy,
added a second hibiscus flower with leaves and stems. 


It's funny to see how many times I have changed the color of the flower and I know that the color will change a few more times before I'm finished.

I have to say some of my favorite work have been commissioned pieces. I enjoy the challenge of something new and working with a client to create something they will cherish. That is true for my design, jewelry and painting work.

No comments: