4.20.2012

om: learn as if you were to live forever

Last weekend I helped out my friend and Soft Flex Company co-worker Sara Oehler with her book signing event at Bead World in Scottsdale, Arizona. Sara was on-hand teaching a free make-it-take-it earring project and signing her new book co-authored with Jamie Hogsett, Show Your Colors.


I helped out with individual customers when needed, picked up flying scraps of beading wire and talked about Soft Flex Company products and projects with shoppers. Below you'll see me talking someone through the finer points of crimping. Bead World is a really nice store with helpful staff and being right off the freeway it was super easy to get to.


After the event was over Sara gave me and the Bead World staff a quick knitting spool lesson. I have wanted to get my hands on a knitting spool for while. Jamie and Sara have an entire chapter in their book dedicated to it and we have a bunch of free beading project ideas on Soft Flex's website using it. I LOVE texture and so it's only natural that I really love the designs made with the knitting spool.

Here is my first knitted wire bracelet with Soft Flex Company wire and a knitting spool!



It's a little wonky in spots but, for a non-knitter I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. It took me a bunch of tries to get it started but, once you past the first few rounds of loops it becomes really relaxing and meditative. I love learning something new! Thank so much for the mini lesson Sara, love you!

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” ~ Gandhi
 

One Moment [OM] is a weekly meet up that promotes living in the moment.  Whether funny, sad, ridiculous, or banal, looking for these moments can promote balance in our lives. Anyone can join – read about it here.

No comments: