7.05.2010

curried waldorf salad


This Meatless Monday post comes from a book I just finished reading, Ultrametabolism: The Simple Plan for Automatic Weight Loss by Mark Hyman. I have tried a bunch of recipes from this book and wanted to share the ones I liked best. I substituted some things because it was what I had on hand and the recipe still turned out great. 

Curried Waldorf Salad

1 large red delicious or gala apple, skin on cored and diced
1 cup extra firm tofu (I omitted this)
1/2 cup celery
1/4 cup toasted walnuts
1/2 Tbsp flaxseeds, ground
1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
1/2 tsp curry power
1 Tbsp walnut oil (I substituted olive oil)
head endive, separated and washed (I substituted mixed greens)

In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the endive or mixed greens.  Arrange endive or mixed greens on plate, spoon the mixture on tops and serve.

Learn about the Meatless Mondays Campaign

No comments: