7.19.2010

avocado and bean burrito


This Meatless Monday post comes from a book I just finished reading, Ultrametabolism: The Simple Plan for Automatic Weight Loss by Mark Hyman. I have tried a bunch of recipes from this book and wanted to share the ones I liked best. I substituted some things because it was what I had on hand and the recipe still turned out great. 

Avocado and Bean Burrito

2 cups shredded lettuce
2 Tbsp yellow onions, chopped
1/2 avocado, peeled pitted and chopped
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro (I substituted parsley & mint since that is what I have in my garden)
4 Tbsp chunky salsa (I substituted tomatoes, chopped)
1/2 cup re-fried beans
2 sprouted corn tortillas (I substituted whole wheat tortillas)

Mix all the ingredients in a medium bowl except for the beans & tortillas. Smear 1/2 the beans on each tortilla, fill with vegetable mixture and wrap burrito style.  Enjoy!

Learn about the Meatless Mondays Campaign

No comments: