6.28.2010

black bean confetti salad


This Meatless Monday post comes from a book I just finished reading, Ultrametabolism: The Simple Plan for Automatic Weight Loss by Mark Hyman. I have tried a bunch of recipes from this book and wanted to share the ones I liked best. I substituted some things because it was what I had on hand and the recipe still turned out great.

Black Bean Confetti Salad


1 15 oz. can of black beans
1 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained (I used fresh corn cooked and cooled)
12 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup scallions (I omitted this as I didn't have it in the house.  Didn't miss it)
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1/2 cup diced red pepper
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (Again I substituted parsley and mint from my garden)
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
1/4 tsp ground cumin

Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl, cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.

Learn about the Meatless Mondays Campaign

No comments: