12.28.2009

2009 - a very good year

I have loved 2009 … it was a very good year. There is so much to look back on and treasure. My son Ethan turned 5 and Hudson turned 3. My first born started Kindergarten and my youngest started preschool. My oldest began reading and loves to make funny faces and my youngest is finally potty trained and in love with taking photographs. 2009 was the year I really upped the ante my creative passions … designing, painting and handmade gift making. I picked up a bunch of freelance design jobs, with the highlight being my sister's wedding invitation suite. I created 5 new paintings. I opened up my etsy handmade gifts shop, small as it may be, it has been something I have wanted to do for quite awhile.

2009 has also been a year of consistent mind and body health. I made it to my weight loss goal of 12 lbs. lost for the year - woo hoo! Due to a shortened work schedule all year, I had extra time to read, create, practice yoga and volunteer at my son's school, which has been very rewarding.

We spent many days at McCormick Train Park since we had a yearly pass. We enjoyed a gem of a hiking trail only minutes from our house at Usery Park. We went to a peach festival and picked our own peaches. We planted tomatoes and basil in our backyard and ate the fruit of our own labor, while it lasted. We spent MANY days at our community pool and had lots of fun in the sun. I have crafted and painted so many times with the boys this year.

Bert and I got away to play often. Bert took a road trip while moving a friend, I went to New York for my sister's bachelorette party & bridal shower. We went to Jamaica for the first time and watched my little sister get married. We took a road trip to Colorado to see our favorite band, Phish, play again for the first time in years. We traveled to see Phish again for a 3 day festival in California. We have lived the "good life" this year and have much to be grateful for.

I look at the photos I realize just how lucky I am to have this life and people I love to share it with. Thank you for sharing it with me. Peace and Love, Peace and Love. xoxo

No comments: