7.06.2009

meatless monday


I think I first heard about Meatless Mondays at Ecorazzi when they posted about Paul McCartney and his family helping to promote the idea. We already eat some meatless meals each week (pasta & pizza night for example) but, I wanted to improve on it and use Meatless Mondays as a way for us to think "out of the box" and create more fresh meals rich in vegetables. For a healthy well-rounded diet I think having our family eat meatless meals a few times a week is essential.

From the Meatless Mondays website:
Why Meatless?

Going meatless once a week may reduce your risk of chronic preventable conditions like cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and obesity. It can also help reduce your carbon footprint and save precious resources like fresh water and fossil fuel.

Read about these benefits in more detail here.

Today, I joined the movement and pledge to go meatless on Monday. I also signed up to receive weekly recipes via Eater’s Digest to help me start each week with healthy, environmentally friendly meat-free alternatives. Check out the Meatless Monday website for articles, recipes, seasonal picks and more.

No comments: