3.29.2009

cookie bonanza

Today, Hudson and I made cookies while Ethan spent a nice day at the movies with his Nannie.

Pouring the flour and oats

Adding the raisins

Mashing the banana

Putting them in the oven ~ 12 minutes till cookie time!

Banana Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
From 365 Favorite Brand Name Cookie Recipes

1 cup flour
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup raisins
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup margarine
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 banana mashed (about 1/2 cup)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

  1. Combine flour, oats and raisins, cinnamon and baking powder in a medium bowl; set aside.
  2. Beat margarine and sugar in a large bowl until well blended. Add egg, banana and vanilla; beat until blended. Stir in flour mixture until just moistened
  3. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons, 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet
  4. Bake at 375 degrees 10 to 12 minutes.
Enjoy!

6 comments:

Christine said...

I love how happy Hudson looks in each of these photos. You totally made his day :) I think I'll have to try that recipe as we love bananas at our house too.

Noel said...

Now that's a good mommy, baking cookies on a Sunday afternoon. You know if it was you and I making them there would be some kind of food fight like we used to do lol.

Unknown said...

oh yes Noel, The oatmeal banana mess would be epic!

Unknown said...

Hey Christine, I didn't know you had a blog - fun! Hudson had a great day home by himself. I forget how much that is needed sometimes. Sorry to read about Tim the fish. Hope Laela is feeling better.

Christine said...

I made these cookies today and they were mmmmmmmm good! We traded chocolate chips for the raisins and left out the cinnamon. It is hard for me to bake anything without including chocolate... The recipe is definitely a keeper - thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

You're welcome - glad they came out yummy! The recipe calls for dates but, I used raisins since I always have them on hand. I need to try chocolate chips next time. I love raisins but, they can't compete with chocolate ;)