6.07.2009

an open heart

An Open Heart: Practicing Compassion in Everyday Life An Open Heart: Practicing Compassion in Everyday Life by Dalai Lama XIV


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
This book was right up my alley. It is a great book to turn to for advice about compassion in your daily life. After reading Yoga Body, Buddha Mind I was interested in learning more about Buddhism. This is my first read by Dalai Lama. He's good at explaining overall Buddhist principles. The Dalai Lama's explanation about compassion, meditation, the mind/body connection, as well as what karma is and how it affects this life and the next are all worth learning. Compassion in everyday life is not common practice in our western society however, it is something we all should be reminded of and will lead to an enriched life.


View all my reviews.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lama'd

Christine said...

Looks like one I'd like to read. Do you own it?