6.28.2011

new painting: breathe

Breathe
8 x 8 inch acrylic on canvas

My sister and I share a common love for yoga. For her birthday, I wanted to paint something that spoke to our love of yoga and that connection we share. I wrote the words "breathe" as a gentle reminder for her to slow down and relax amidst her busy day. The colors were chosen based on her home's decor.

The lotus pose in yoga takes its name from the position of the feet and legs representing the petals of the lotus flower. Once in this posture, you can use it for meditation, chanting, and pranyama (breathing).

This is my second 8x8 painting and I am really enjoying the smaller format. It's a nice size to work on anywhere in my house and isn't anything in miniature pretty darn cute?!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty!

Unknown said...

Thank you!