9.05.2009

parenting woes

I am in need of some good old fashioned parenting advice and support right about now. I am day 1 into our 3 day weekend and the boys are making me nuts. Hudson is simply too loud. I have repeated "Hudson, please stop screaming!" all flippin day long. After 3 time outs, I'm still saying the same darn thing ... "Hudson, please stop screaming!" Ethan on the other hand has embarked on a whole new adventure with school; with that has come a new found independence (which is great) and a new found defiant attitude (not so great). My standard parenting "techniques" are falling flat and I need a pick me up. I guess I know what I'll be doing later this evening when everyone else is asleep ... I'll be arming myself with some new tricks to try out for the remainder of the weekend. My goal is to get my kids to "want" to do the right things without me getting loud, angry or frustrated. Sounds like a challenge for sure! Are you working on any challenges of your own right now?

2 comments:

The Neerings Family said...

I feel ya, people say 3's are the new "terrible 2's" and I kind of have to agree. Audrey has turned into quite the little diva with an attitude and it's driving me crazy. Her favorite way to assert control...though potty issues. She's been potty trained for a year and she will have accidents when she wants to (like during time out). It's frustrating. I had to take a whole new approach with her. She's also been very clingy the further along in the pregnancy, so new issues there too. Sigh...

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, I agree that 3's are tough. I felt that 3's were harder then 2's with Ethan and time will tell with Hudson. I think the hardest part of parenting is that it is ever changing. Once we get something accomplished and worked out there are new issues that arise. I'm at that point right now and you are transitioning as well. stay strong!