7.22.2008

paper arts: cards

I went to my first meetup last night with the "Not Your Grandma's" Super Hip Chic Craft Club and it was a blast! This is a group of 200+ crafty superstars in Arizona that make time for learning new crafts while meeting up with friends new and old. Last night was taught by Linda Ross, a very talented paper artist and there were 12 club members there. Linda had 8 card assembly stations setup with all sorts of goodies like stamps, ribbon, buttons, ect. I only had a chance to finish 6 of the 8 cards (see my cards in the photo!) but, they were nice enough to let me grab the needed materials to finish the other 2 on my own at home. It was a fun night of crafting! Linda's designs are beautiful and she made the whole process really easy. I have not dabbled with paper crafts too often. It was enjoyable to learning something new all the while chatting with some wonderful people. I can't wait to send these cards out to my family & friends!

1 comment:

Carla said...

Very Cool! Now you have yet another creative outlet. :)
They're beautiful.