9.05.2012

september goals

My art portfolio postcards arrived!

Even though I have been quiet on the blog this summer, lots has been happening creatively. August is my birth month and as always I had a bright creative fire burning throughout the month. I wanted to share my process and excitement with you a number of times but, it's been harder then usual for me to formulate my thoughts and write. I know I will regain my writing momentum and sharing here soon.

For my birthday this year I was gifted the glorious device that is the iphone from my wonderful mother-in-law (thanks mom!). I love that I no longer have to carry my camera, plug it into my husbands laptop, transfer my pictures to a thumb drive and then upload them to my computer before I can post a picture. So much easier to just snap and share. With my new phone came the world of instagram! That little camera program is oh so fun. I have been snapping pictures and sharing them on instagram and facebook. If you are on either site I would love to connect with you! You can find me on instagram @kristenfagan or on facebook at CreativeStash.  

Well, here's what I've been up to with my business goals...

August Goals

Business - Send portfolio postcards to printer. Done! See the beauties at the top of the email. They are actually 10 postcards binded into a mini portfolio. I gave myself the goal of finishing it the week of my birthday as a gift to myself and that finally got them done! Well that and I took  a couple days off work to do some personal projects :)  

Illuminated Path iPhone Case

Art - Complete tree painting, think about reflection painting and whether it is done. Get both of these professionally photographed. Check out two art openings.  I completed the tree painting which I titled Illuminated Path, original available here and prints available here. My husband bought me the Illuminated Path iphone case as a birthday gift. I love it! (thanks babe). Reflection painting is also complete and now titled Desert Wash, original is available here and prints available here

I checked out 1 art showcase and visited a few local places that host featured artists. It is great to be out and about seeking art. It's been too long since I have done that. 

First in a series of abstract landscapes using a new painting technique

I started working with a new painting technique of using old gift cards as my paint brush / palette. This has yielded 5 new abstract landscape paintings this month alone. Can you say inspired?! Yes!

Blog - Decide on a wordpress theme. Moving this to September.  


Design - Continue work with clients on wedding day needs and business stationary. My friend Noel was married this month in New York. I wasn't able to attend but I was there in spirit with the programs shown above) that matched her invitation suite that I designed. I also picked up a new freelance design client that I'm really excited to be working with. 

Shop - Post about new additions in the shop to blog and facebook. I have not been good about this. I have so much I should be sharing! I really need to step this up for September. 

Read - The $100 Startup This was great. I think it lived up to the hype for me. I had to bring it back to the library pretty quickly so, I had to read fast and jot down the notes that jumped out at me and I can see this needing to be re-read again in the near future.


Family - Enjoy kids going back to school, setting new routines and seeing school friends. Nice to be back on a routine. Kids are happy to have their minds challenged and their social calendars filling up. 

Health - Wheat free, dairy free, drink 64 oz water a day and go to 2 yoga classes with my friend Kandes. I was pretty good about wheat. I did the best with dairy yet, I got 2 yoga classes and 1 zumba class (yay!) but, that darn water drinking. It's the hardest for me! Overall this year I am down 13 lbs since last August so, I'm a happy camper.

Soul - Meditate, journal (written or art), find some quiet time for myself. A little meditation and I found some wonderful pockets of quiet time.   

September Goals

Business - Compile local shops to approach about my artwork. Work on a holiday postcard.

Art - Complete new abstract landscapes by sanding, painting sides, adding hanging hardware and scan.

Blog - Decide on a wordpress theme.

Design - Continue work with clients on wedding day needs, business stationary and event promotions.

Shop - Share new additions in the shop. Work on items for Hissyfits Hullabaloo in November. 

Read - The Violets of March.  

Family - We have some packing to do as we are moving. I've been in denial, but it's time to face the fact we need to find a new home, pack and move by mid October. Yikes.  

Health - Wheat free, dairy free, drink 64 oz water a day and go to 1 yoga and 1 zumba class. 

Soul - Meditate, journal (written or art), continue to check out local art venues.


 If you would like to join in The Meetup biz goals fun, head on over to Athena Dreams.

No comments: