7.25.2012

true love wedding stationary


This month I attended the wedding of two good friends in New York and I had the honor of designing their wedding invitation suite, programs and favor tags. This wedding marked the eighth wedding stationary suite I have custom designed. I decided it was about time to share these designs with you and I am starting, well, at the beginning with my own wedding invitation almost 11 years ago.


I got engaged two short years after I began my career in graphic design. I knew I would design all the paper goods for our wedding. I was in love with drawing digitally at that time so, naturally I wanted to put those skills to work and create an illustration dear to our hearts. We are both lovers of trees so, the idea to draw two trees intertwined and growing into one another was a natural one.


 

Not one to miss the opportunity for a little pop of color and whimsy I added a butterfly between us to complete the design. The response cards (not photographed) had simple wedding rings illustrated on them and for the the travel guide I illustrated a man on a bicycle. Again a touch of whimsy. The trees have little green apples that I repeated in our wedding day decor, bouquets and had green apples with seating cards pinned to them. That day was and still is one the best days of my life. True Love.   

No comments: