10.03.2011

october biz goals



September, you were lovely as always. You helped us celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary this month at the Grand Canyon and you welcomed my baby boy into the world 5 years ago. He was presented with the honor of Student of the Month in Kindergarten this month! I especially love the start of the fall season, the colors, the color temps and many park play dates are on the horizon. I hope to visit some areas in our state with changing leaves this year since we didn't really see too many last year. 

On the business end I have been working on a wonderful garden inspired wedding suite, just finishing up the ceremony card and favor tag. I sold two original paintings, created a painted set for a wedding gift and had a commission for a painting for a little girls room. I am really happy about more painting opportunities coming my way!

 September Goals
  • creative every day challenge check in, theme this month is "history"- this theme didn't grab me too much so, I let it slip buy this month.
  • play with new watercolor paints and paper - ooo I had a little fun and I realize I haven't blogged about it yet!
  • work on this blog pages: design, invitation and praise - eek nothing new to report here.
  • work on fine art america shop - I placed a few test orders but, none of my images where up to snuff. I took my first two paintings to be professionally scanned this month and need to make this a routine each time I finish a piece from here on out.
  • create necklaces with art pendants I made a few months ago - nothing new to report here either, I am toying with the idea of posting the pendants for sale with out designing an entire necklace. we'll see ...
  • outright accounting program - I had really hoped to work on this. I'm going to make it a priority for Oct.
  • pick up on preparing for move - we found a place to live and the packing has been put in high gear! This month I mostly cleared out my craft stash, the hallway closet and laundry room closet. All those fun areas I stuff random things. Only 12 days until we move!
  • make time to move - family walks, yoga and dance - a little yoga and a few morning/evening walks this month. Nothing too strenuous but definitely helped maintain my stress.
  • others things i accomplished this month ... posted 6 new recycled bottlecap magnet sets in my shop, rephotographed all my necklaces for sale, sold the connected in love mandala painting and created a painting to compliment it for the same customer titled connected in truth mandala.

October Goals
  • creative every day challenge check in, theme this month is "autumn"
  • alphabet bunting painting for little girls room
  • graphic design work for Olive
  • work on outright accounting program
  • follow along with esty's holiday boot camp and whip shop into shape
  • add to shop: art pendants, bookmarks, greeting card sets
  • blog about new watercolor sketches and scrabble artwork
  • seasonal dream board - sounds interesting and I'm going to try and start with fall
  • move into our new rental home and get settled!
  • family walks, yoga and dance

If you would like to join in the Meetup biz goals fun, head on over to Athena Dreams to read more about how we support one another and how to join in.

No comments: