4.01.2011

april biz goals


I moved forward in many creative ways in March.  I strayed from my goals and allowed my journey to take some twists and turns.  Before jumping into April let's see what happened in March ...

March Goals
  • credible nutrition postcard design - done!
  • east valley artisans postcard - only received 1 artist image so, I need to follow up on participation.
  • move creative stash website to my blog - eek, I'm ignoring this
  • begin new wedding invitation design - I will be tackling this asap
  • custom painting - need to purchase the canvas and get started
  • custom coaster - artwork prints have been chosen, I need to print, cut and resin.
  • get involved with this month's creative every day theme - this was lost in the shuffle.  I will try again for April.
  • family art play time- yes of course!  lots of family painting sessions this month
  • try meal planning- downloaded a planner but haven't set time aside yet to think on this.
  • gym - pretty good.  Not great but, pretty good. We took some family walks this month which were nice, would like to keep up with those.
Although my goals still need attention, I did get down to business in the following ways ...



 I have designed a few software icon packages in the past and received a referral this month to create this software icon package for Design Tech. 


I received a custom order for an art print necklace and since I was mixing resin for that, I made a bunch of art pendants to create new necklaces with. 


 I have been wanting to experiment with a mandala style paintings and one evening I was inspired to do it.  This painting is for sale in my Etsy shop along with these new items.  



A few months ago I created the logo design for Credible Nutrition and this month they contacted me about designing a postcard to go along with it.  Barbie and Rachel are a joy to work with.  They offer a wide range of counseling and consultation options to help get you healthy! 

Lastly, a childhood friend is expecting her first baby and had a baby shower back in NY.  Sadly, I wasn't able to attend but, I channeled my energy and love for her into a gift for the baby's nursery. I really want to show you it but, I just mailed it off yesterday so, I'll have to wait until she receives it next week to blog about it.

So you see, I was quite busy even if my goals were a bit abandoned.  I hope my momentum stays and I can will my wondering self into doing what I plan this month!

April Goals
  • begin S&J wedding invitation design
  • completed commissioned baby nursery painting
  • print art and resin custom coasters
  • list new bottle cap magnet set and create with resin art pendants
  • add about page to creative stash blog
  • get involved with creative every day theme - small
  • family art play time
  • setup monthly meal plan
  • movement - family walks, yoga and dance
The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. ~ Arthur C. Clarke
    If you would like to join in the Meetup biz goals fun, head on over to Athena Dreams to read more about how we support one another and how to join in.

    7 comments:

    Liz said...

    LOVE your art pendants, so totally beautiful! You are doing SO much, and love all the enthusiasm and joy that is so very present in your writing about it all. Hope your April is sublime, and very productive in all good ways!

    angela flicker said...

    Wow, you've been busy --and it looks as though April isn't slowing down at all. Good for you. It sounds like you do a lot of custom work. That's great.

    Keep up the good work! Rock the month of April!

    sarah s. said...

    Hi Kristen: I love your logos and the pendants are really pretty...Hope you have a great April

    Unknown said...

    I do, do a lot of custom work. I'm trying to get better at posting it all - I have a hard time explaining what i do myself sometimes ;)

    Lindsey said...

    love the nutrition logo and the pendants are beautiful :) Good luck transferring website to blog, I'm really glad I did.

    Unknown said...

    Thanks for stopping by everyone! It feels good to be back on track with my goals and where they may lead. Lindsey, I love the changes you made from site to blog, it looks great!

    Prim and Propah said...

    I love all of your goals and I want you to rock them out girlfriend! Muah xoxo!

    PS. I think you are super talented!