Happy New Year 2009! Just because we have kids, doesn't mean we can't ring in the New Year. This year we joined our friends Stacy, Rick and Erica for a special "under 21" party. There was lots of toys, dancing and yummy food. We had our own countdown and balloon drop at 9pm (okay so we have to do things a bit earlier with kids - haha).
Traditions of New Year’s Eve include champagne, parties, dancing, holding your eyelids open until midnight … and making resolutions. I have to say, I love making resolutions and I like doing it all year long not just at New Years. Being the goal-setter and list-maker that I am, that’s not surprising. However, I sometimes get so caught in the fun of making lists and setting goals that I have trouble actually following through on doing them. Now what good is that?
This year I hope to continue in the new paths that I’ve found in 2008 (simplifying, decluttering, financial responsibility, healthy living and calmness). I decided I'd write my personal and creative goals for 2009 here so, I have a place to refer to and look back at.
- do a sketch crawl
- create a 3 piece painting series
- learn to sew to hem the boys pants (just picked up a sewing machine via freecycle!)
- make prints of past artwork (this will take me one step closer to a major life goal)
- improve my design by setting time each month for tutorials
- plan a "date" with each of my boys somewhat regularly
- spend time in meditation or practicing yoga each week
- give more and buy less
- volunteer in some way for a cause I believe in
- make a living will/ trust
- explore the art of money management and budget regularly
- continue going to the gym and eating healthy
- continue to read lots of books
- continue to look for ways to "green" our home and the products we buy
- continue to work on my patience when dealing with my children and daily stresses
- unsubscribe from email lists I no longer need to read